The DePOT blog shares emerging research from within the project and outside of it. We aim to publish a range of perspectives.
Do you want to submit to the DePOT blog?
DePOT Blog Submissions Guideline
We are looking for 750-1,000-word blog post with a clear message or argument, and a suggested title.
- Write for a general and specialized audience, as this is our public-facing website. No jargon!
- Use Chicago-style citations
- If possible, send a photo to accompany your post with citation (photos must be under 2500 pixels)
- If you are not a DePOT affiliate, please send a writer biography (200 words max)
Email submissions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the DePOT blog is edited by Dr Steven High.
- Responses to current events
- Discussions on upcoming publications
- Reflections on recent research trips
- Notes on recent conferences in related fields, protests and solidarity events, marches, workshops, roundtables…
- Posts commemorating important anniversaries or key historical events
- Blog posts written as coursework in a class related to deindustrialization
- Discussions on representations of deindustrialization in pop culture
- Personal essays about how your work in deindustrialization studies intersects with lived experience