The Political Economy of Deindustrialization
Join us for a roundtable on The Political Economy of Deindustrialization, which will showcase the political economy section of the forthcoming Routledge International Handbook on Deindustrialization Studies, edited by Tim Strangleman.
Chairperson: Steven High, Concordia University
- Fred Burrill (Cape Breton University) and Matthew Penney (Concordia University), “Bringing Marxian Political Economy Back into Deindustrialization Studies.”
- Jason Hackworth (University of Toronto), “The racial dimensions of (de)industrialization.”
- Lachlan MacKinnon (Cape Breton University), “The Region as an Analytical Framework for Deindustrialization Studies.”
- Marion Fontaine (Sciences Po) and Xavier Vigna (Université Paris Nanterre), “Challenging and Politicizing Deindustrialization?”
- Alice Mah (University of Glasgow), “Anticipating Just Transitions: Ecological Crisis and Future Deindustrialization.”
Get the Zoom link and sign up for by filling in this Google Form.
The roundtable will be filmed and uploaded to our YouTube channel.