- This event has passed.
GENDERING DEINDUSTRIALIZATION STUDIES
October 1, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
DePOT’s Fall 2021 Roundtable Series: Rethinking Deindustrialization Studies (Part 2)
This roundtable series invites us to revisit our understanding of the field of deindustrialization studies. Two sessions expand the geographic imaginary from the old industrial heartlands of Western Europe and North America. Another asks us to make gender analysis more central. The final session brings curatorial and archival knowledge into the conversation.
Friday October 1st 10:00-12:00 (Eastern Standard Time)
Register here. This event will be held through Zoom. The event will be taking place in English, with presentations in French translated to English via closed captions. If you have any additional access needs please contact the organizer.
Co-Chairs: Arthur McIvor, University of Strathclyde; Jackie Clarke, University of Glasgow.
- Naomi Petropoulos, Queen’s University Belfast.
- Rory Stride, University of Strathclyde.
- Lauren Laframboise, Concordia University.
- Rebekah Chatellier, University of Strathclyde.
- Marion Henry, Sciences Po Paris and University of Strathclyde
- Amber Ward, University of St. Andrew’s
- Andy Clark, Newcastle University.
Cover Image: Workers in the textile mill of Industrias Unidas S.A., Ilopango, 1956. Photo courtesy of World Bank Group/Paul Sanche.